If you are interested in any of the open positions, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
OMNI Flow Computers, Inc
Sr. Firmware Engineer / Sr. Firmware Developer
OMNI Flow Computers is seeking an experienced firmware developer with the demonstrated technical expertise necessary for the design and development of a suite of engineering applications in instrumentation, measurement, and data management. This role calls for the ability to design, develop, test, and maintain product firmware and software.
OMNI Flow Computers, Inc. is recognized across the oil and gas industry as the manufacturer of the world’s best flow computer. We are in business to deliver reliable and repeatable measurement, data management, and control solutions for global liquid and gas transactions. OMNI is the most recognized and trusted brand of flow computers for oil and gas measurement.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience in the practical application of industrial engineering and technology to commercial product development and maintenance
- Overall ability to architect, design, implement, test and maintain solutions for new and existing products
- Skilled in design including a thorough understanding of design patterns and embedded system design patterns
- Well-developed debugging and troubleshooting skills for full software product stacks
- Experience in current software development methodologies and processes like Agile
- Experience with multiple programming languages, tools and platforms including the following languages C, and C++, on Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with C# is a plus
- Experience developing firmware on and for devices such as microprocessors, microcontrollers (MCUs), sensors, DAC, UARTs, etc
- Experience with or understanding of physical layer, communication protocols, such as, I2C, SPI, USB, and GPIOs, serial communications RS-232, RS-485, etc.
- Experience implementing applications in firmware
- Experience with application layer, communication protocols, such as, Modbus, TCP/IP, UDP, OPC, CAN bus and related cabling and test tools
- Ability to direct and sustain strong delivery focus – quickly and incrementally moving features, systems and architecture towards the desired target state
- Build and maintain relationships with business stakeholders necessary to effectively integrate, develop, sustain and deliver solutions
- Contribute to building a strong technical team and innovative culture
- Ability to work well both individually and within a team environment
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering; Computer Science; Mathematics; or a related discipline is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development required
- Minimum of 2 years of fully committed firmware-specific development required
- Having greater experience is highly valued
- Experience in the software industry and possessing quality certifications is a valuable advantage